Saturday, June 18, 2016

Confidence

Yesterday was a bit rough for me. I was feeling insecure, tired, and stressed out about all these changes.  Today I woke up a bit more refreshed and motivated.  I can do this!  I am making some amazing changes and my body is certainly noticing.  I am beginning the detox process, and beginning to feel lighter.  Not just my weight, but my movements.  I can move a bit more comfortably with less pain.  It is amazing what kind of things help you feel better.  Honestly, I don't miss meat either! I love me some steak or bbq chicken, but right now that doesn't even sound appealing. I think that is partially due to the heat too! It is so much easier to focus on salads and light foods when it is so hot!

I've been thinking about my old habits and way of eating. Convenient that is what it was. It was convenient to eat what was around me. It was so much easier to pick up something on the go then to prepare a meal!  I also realized how much I over snack!  I do not need a snack every hour!  I was literally eating out of boredom!  I can accomplish great things without food in my mouth! haha!

I also am reflecting back to when I used to go eat out of habit. I wanted a break eat, or drink something like coffee.  I don't need 3-4 cups of coffee a day. Do I enjoy them? Yes!  However, there comes a point when habits are just that.  HABITS.  Something we need to break away from sometimes.  We don't NEED them, we want them. We rely on them for just a moment of comfort. Don't get me wrong... it isn't bad to indulge from time to time.  However, we move past the point of once in a while to a regular habitual basis. That is where the addication comes in.  It consimes our thoughts. It overwhelms our emotions.  Before we know it.... we HAVE TO HAVE IT!  Then the Binge eating comes in and you just cannot get enough.  

That is the problem for me.  This is why the Reset is so amazing for me. I am forcing myself to refocus on what I am eating and why I am eating it. I need to eat based on how it makes my body feel not my emotions.  My body enjoys the good healthy food. Honestly, the lack of meat it really beginning to become appealing to me.  Who knows.... maybe I will be primarily vegetarian.  I'm not rushing into anything, but I am not running back for a giant steak.

Thanks for reading my inner contemplations.  Hopefully, you can relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment