Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Shrink


The world is spinning.
I am walking.
Nearly crawling....onto my next destination.
The weight is crippling.
The cold steel against my back of the anchor I cannot seem to release.
Sweat beading at my brow.
Every breathe a burden to slowly inhale, then to exhale.
It burns my throat... my lungs feel as though they are failing.

Out there... they just walk by.
They pay no mind to the crippled woman inside.
The scars....they aren't visible to all.
Only the ones who know...
The very ones that the same darkness follows.

Blinking back tears... I know it is pointless to cry.
Tears are supposed to have meaning. There is supposed to be a
cause and an effect.

No point in releasing any of these silent screams. No one ever really hears me.

No comments:

Post a Comment