Sunday, July 19, 2015

Building momentum



The hardest part of this journey is maintaining the pace and building the momentum needed to succeed.  I was talking to someone the other day about one of my own personal greatest physical accomplishments. I ran/walked a half marathon which for me was AMAZING. I had never in my life thought I would be capable of such a feat.  I think back to that moment. I wasn't in the "best shape" but I was far healthier and more fit than my current physical condition.

Reminiscing on that made me realize I do not want it to just be a thing of the past. Something I did once, but something I can regularly accomplish. Perhaps one day something I can do with my children.  This is the mindset I need to keep to stay motivated.  Now to just get moving again. I have been procrastinating the exercise portion of my program. I just need to build my confidence in the food control then I can focus more on the burning calories.

This has me thinking of ways to motivate myself though....
Beginners Guide to Running I find useful



Today God answered that by sending my child. Brenya convinced me to go for a walk. The girls and i even jogged with the dogs a bit. It felt good. I didnt time myself and I just enjoyed myself.

We enjoyed ourselves and i have returned to the process of watching my calories again. This has overall been the most effective form of weightloss and lifestyle for me. I need that control to truly regain myself.  This week it finally clicked...it truly clicked. My truest motivation my girls!

Weighed in today at 180 lbs.  Its a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment