Sunday, July 26, 2015

walkin walkin.... eventually running...



So I have been trying to slowly without hurting myself walking 2-3 times a week.  Baby steps!  Trust me I am so not very patient with this since I used to be able to run 2 miles.  I was able to walk only 0.5 miles and then yesterday I got to 0.81 miles in 18 minutes.  Not my best time however, I pushed and made it that far.  I need to keep pushing!  My thighs are not thankful, but that is ok.  They will be soon enough!

There really are 3 components to healthy living:

1. A healthy self image!

2.  The proper eating guide.

  • Proper portions: Protein, Vegetables, and healthy Carbs (MEASURE!)
  • healthy snacks (again counting and actually measuring!
  • Indulde a little!  No point in torturing yourself!  Enjoy in small bites!
3. MOVE!!!!  May not be a marathon but baby steps.

  • Take the stairs.
  • Walk your dog
  • Run up and down the stairs 5 times
 TODAY IS  A NEW DAY!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment