Monday, June 29, 2015

Day 2: A Beautiful Reflection


FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOODOOD FOOD FOOD

We need food to live. Nutrients, Vitamins, Proteins, we naturally desire food that will satisfy and meet our needs for survival.

GLUTTONY GLUTTONY GLUTTONY GLUTTONY GLUTTONY GLUTTONY GLUTTONY

At some point we took a need, a basic natural means of survival and turned it into a SIN.  We abused the very thing we rely upon to satisfy and provide life. We over ate, we under ate, we utilzed it as a form of stimulation.  It is human nature to take even GOOD things that have purpose to bend it to our own will. To satisfy selfish needs......

CRAVE CRAVE CRAVE CRAVE CRAVE CRAVE CRAVE CRAVE
CRAVE CRAVE CRAVE

We crave carbs, sweets, salty, and unhealthy foods.  WHY?  Why is is in our nature to crave and desire these things.  Where is the emotional correlation between the NEED vs the WANT?

We need food yes... we want JUNK!  Though my body craves the sweets and junk... I know I do not need it.

Society is obese.. we have created various excuses for our obesity.  However, one reason is the only real reason. We are hungry for LOVE. We are ravenously hungry for acceptance. We abuse food because we can control the amount we eat. It provides a moment of bliss... and a lifetime of disappointment.

I crave love and attention. I crave acceptance and confidence.  Easy to look at me and say well just STOP. Let go of the cravings. Create an image you approve of and feel good about.  Truth is.. I have... over and over. I yoyo!  I will get to an ideal and beautiful weight.. and it is still not enough. I still don't feel pretty. I still fight depression... I still see a little chubby broken girl... pretending to be a strong and confident woman.

I want to see the woman God loves. I want to see the child who proudly blossomed into a beautiful woman.  How do I begin this journey?

I'll start with this.... Regardless of my weight, and my looks, God loves me wholeheartedly. He sees beauty that I am unable to see or identify with. I will pray for his vision... so that maybe I can get a glimpse of what he truly sees.  I am worth this fight. He wants me to live a long happy and HEALTHY life.  To show my beautiful girls how to feel and be healthy and confident. TO show them who loves them.

No comments:

Post a Comment