Sunday, June 28, 2015

Step 1. Speaking the Truth



1. I am overweight
2. I use profanity freely.
3. I am insecure.
4. I have anger issues.
5. I am emotionally unstable. (Hence emotional eating)
6. I am a SINNER.

The above does not define ME. I am a mother, I am a wife, I am a daughter of God.  Admitting these things is not easy. It is not fun to see your flaws let alone admit them to the world.  I am incredibly scared of letting go of my crutch. Food is a crutch for me. It helps me cope with my emoional instability. It helps me handle my insecurities... the only thing is... IT IS NOT HELPING it is HURTING ME!

My heart hurts when I see myself in the mirror. My children don't see a healthy and confident woman. I want them to see what confidence is, so they can learn to be confident.

Today is the begining of a change. Regardless if the transition is a year long process or just a few months. This is the start of something beautiful!  I am BEAUTIFUL and I am worth the fight.  I trust GOD will help to show me how to be healthy, how to live a life that is full of love, health, and being a woman of God.  I am glad to share this with you.  This may not be pretty, it will most definitely not be easy.

Right now I am going to research a plan. A plan to relearn to eat for health and not for comfort.  Watching extreme weightloss has really shown me that these amazing people who are far larger and unhealthy. They beat the odds in a year. I can certainly do this as well. I am really trying to talk myself into this. I know I cannot live the way I have been living. My children and husband deserve to have a 100% healthy me.

Wish me luck, send me some prayers if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment